Sunday, August 23, 2015

Harry Potter Read-Along

Harry Potter Read-Along

August 23, 2015 – January 3, 2016


I must confess... I have never read the Harry Potter series. I started multiple times, but somehow life always side-tracked me in the middle of book three.

But the time has come to practice what I preach. I believe writers are readers. I believe writers should be well-acquainted with their genre. I believe the classics are invaluable texts. And I know Harry Potter is a modern-day classic.

So, to help keep myself accountable, I made a public declaration - here on the blog as well as on Facebook. And I thought it might be fun to invite others to join in the fun.

I plan to read all seven books by New Year's, 2016. Here is a preliminary reading schedule:

  • HP and the Sorcerer's Stone - Sept 4
  • HP and the Chamber's Secret - Sept 18
  • HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Oct 2
  • HP and the Goblet of Fire - Oct 23
  • HP and the Order of Phoenix - Nov 13
  • HP and the Half-Blood Prince - Dec 4
  • HP and the Deathly Hollows - Jan 2


If you would like to read-along as well, please consider completing the Mr. Linky form below, with a link to your blog post expressing your interest. (If you don't have a blog, no worries! You can still register for the event and be a part of the group).

If there is adequate enrollment, I would love to create a virtual book - a space where we can chat about the plot, the characters, the themes, the writing style... well, you get the idea.

I'm excited... I hope you are as well!

This reading event is hosted by My Cozy Book Nook. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.